Apple iSports is committed to implementing practices, procedures and systems that ensure we comply with the APPs (and any privacy code applying to us) and allow us to deal with your enquiries and complaints concerning compliance with the APPs (or any privacy code applying to us).
- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold your personal information;
- our reasons for collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information;
- how you may access your personal information held by us and have it corrected;
- how you may complain about the way we deal with your personal information, and how we will deal with your complaint; and
- whether we will disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, and if so the likely location(s) of those recipients.
Type of information collected
Opening an Account
As a wagering company, we need personal information to confirm your identity including
- residential and email addresses;
- date of birth; and
- telephone number.
We use an external supplier to confirm your identity. If your identity is not automatically verified by this supplier you may be redirected to a web interface supplied by this supplier. You may have to provide items such as;
- driver’s licence;
- birth certificate; and/or
- utility bills.
Apple iSports does not have access to or store this data.
For the purposes of depositing and withdrawing from your account we will ask for credit/debit card information and/or bank account details.
Credit and Debit card information is not stored by Apple iSports. We use an external supplier to confirm your identity. Once supplied it is held by our bank.
If you dispute a decision we make regarding your account, we will collect your personal information including your name, email address, residential address and contact phone number.
For commercial and responsible gambling procedures we record lifestyle or betting frequency information; and recordings of telephone calls you have made to our call centre/s. It is a regulatory requirement that we record all conversations with our call centre.
We may collect information regarding your online behaviour, including:
- your responses to promotions, giveaways and competitions;
- the time, date and URL of each request for a page from our web server (including the times that you login to any accounts to ensure the security of your account and to verify that the person operating the account is you); and
- information from your computer or device allowing us to: analyse trends, administer our Websites, track your web navigation, and gather broad demographic information for aggregated use.
Collection of personal data
We usually collect your personal information directly from you by telephone, in person or online through our Website. However, we may collect information from a third-party if it isn’t reasonable or practicable to collect it from you. For example, we may collect information from:
- third parties that assist us in verifying your identity or which help us to assess your risk to our business under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth).
- any regulatory bodies to confirm whether you are a voluntarily self-excluded patron in Australia or any other country.
We may collect your personal information in a variety of ways, for example, when you visit or use our Websites and/or services when you register for, and log into, an account on our Website when you sign up to join a mailing list or to receive newsletters, when you enter to participate in competitions or surveys or when you contact us.
Apple iSports takes reasonable precautions in the circumstances to protect the personal information it holds from:
- misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
These include protection of passwords using encryption; measures to preserve system security and prevent unauthorised access; and backup systems to prevent accidental or malicious loss of data. We may use third-party data storage providers to store personal information electronically. We take reasonable steps to ensure this information is held as securely as information stored on our equipment.
There is always risk involved in sending information through any channel over the Internet and while we aim to use our best efforts to secure and protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the “perfect security” of any information you transmit or provide to us. You send information over the Internet entirely at your own risk.
Use of Personal Information
Collection of Data
Data is collection in order to
- identify you and verify your age and identity.
- provide you with our services and products.
- manage, administer and control the quality of the products and services we provide to you and otherwise conduct our business, for example, to enforce our terms of service or process payment fees and transactions.
- register you for an account on our Website and to assist in the management of your account (for example, sending password reminders).
- market our products and services to you, such as to send you email newsletters.
- enable our related bodies corporate and selected third-party partners to send you product and service information that we believe may of interest to you.
- conduct analysis on our Website’s usage, for example to monitor Website use and traffic.
- contact you or respond to your queries, comments and feedback.
- comply with our legal, regulatory and licensing obligations, including:
- the racing controlling bodies (including thoroughbred, harness and greyhound) under our Race Fields Approvals and legislation and our approvals and permits with those bodies;
- authorised sports controlling bodies (domestic and international) in accordance with integrity agreements and other arrangements with these bodies; and
- under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth). and the rules, legislation and terms and conditions that apply to our gambling licences;
- operate self-exclusion, pre-commitment limit, deposit limits and minimum bet exemption programs.
- For any other purpose for which you provided the information.
Disclosure of personal information
Personal information may be disclosed
- To notify you if you have won a competition, promotion or prize.
- To develop and improve our services.
- To develop and improve our products.
- To ensure the optimum level of security surrounding any account you may hold with Apple iSports.
- To assist you with your complaints and enquiries.
- To assess whether you pose a risk to our business or the businesses of our wider corporate group.
- To protect our rights and property of any other Apple iSports customer.
If you win a major prize, we may give your details to external publicity businesses for reasonable promotional activities. By entering into a promotion with one our Apple iSports related companies, you will be consenting to this use of your personal information for this purpose.
We may occasionally use and disclose your personal information to:
- identify your betting behaviour, habits and preferences;
- let you know about upcoming events, promotions and new products/ services or other opportunities, via direct mail, email, SMS, MMS and/or phone calls;
- send you product and service information on behalf of third parties; and
- enable our related bodies corporate and selected third-party affiliates and business partners to send directly to you product and service information which may be of interest to you. From time to time, our affiliates and business partners may disclose your personal information to other third-party advertising clients to provide you with further product and service information which may be of interest to you (unless you have indicated to us that you wish to opt-out of receiving these communications).
By agreeing to the terms and conditions for your Apple iSports account(s), you consent to receive marketing material from us and our third-party partners and affiliates, but you may withdraw that consent at any time by emailing: «help_email» and informing us that you wish to opt-out.
Each time you are sent a marketing communication, you will be able to opt-out of future marketing communications. You can also opt-out from future marketing communications at any time. We will promptly action any opt-out request.
We may disclose personal information to third-party service providers, contractors, suppliers, vendors or organisations that assist us in the management and operation of our business and the provision of services to you, in order to:
- electronically verify your identity and age (including online) for example, disclosure to third-party ID verification service providers
- provide, manage and administer our products and services and business systems (including mailing houses, printers, advertising agencies, postal services, call centres, providers of customer relationship management (CRM) services, providers of fraud detection services and IT technicians)
- operate, maintain and manage our Website and customer database (including, website hosting services and information storage services)
- develop and market our products and services (including market research analysts)
- assess risks and comply with our reporting obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth).
- comply with Payment Card Industry Standards, and securely manage your credit card payments and storage of your credit card details
- analyse trends and aggregated demographic information, and target your interests.
Government and Regulatory
We may be required to disclose your personal information to (without limitation):
- government or regulatory bodies and agencies, gambling regulators, law enforcement agencies (such as the police or those responsible for enforcing the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) or courts of law, if required or authorised to do so by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or legal order, to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, fraud or potential threats or to exercise legal rights or defend against claims;
respond to an enquiry from a government agency under State or Federal laws (e.g. about child support);
- gambling regulators, for example, the Northern Territory Racing Commission, to comply with our notification, regulatory, integrity and compliance obligations under our gambling licences;
- the racing controlling bodies (including thoroughbred, harness and greyhound) under the terms and conditions specified in the Race Fields approvals and permits granted to Apple iSports, or agreements entered into with Apple iSports, by these racing controlling bodies, for example, in response to an integrity request;
- authorised sports controlling bodies (domestic and international) under the terms and conditions of a sports product fee and integrity agreement;
- other organisations that coordinate a sport or racing code or are responsible for the integrity of a sport or racing code; and
- owners/managers/operators of retail agencies and venues from which you have excluded yourself.
Monitoring of Accounts
Under our obligations under our gambling licences, gambling legislation generally and the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth), we may monitor and maintain records of the transactions on your Apple iSports account(s), including any emails you send to us.
You acknowledge and agree that we may use and disclose information collated during monitoring to third parties, including by releasing your personal information to law enforcement agencies, government authorities or any other regulatory authorities, as authorised or required by law or to comply with our obligations under our gambling licences, gambling legislation or the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth). We will not tell you when we monitor your transactions or if we disclose any personal information obtained.
You acknowledge and agree to such recordings being made and agree that relevant recordings and details of your calls may be disclosed to law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and other authorities in the event of a dispute or as otherwise required or permitted in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, for example, our obligations under gambling legislation or the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth). We will not notify you of those disclosures. If you do not wish for your telephone call with Apple iSports to be recorded, please notify the Apple iSports telephone operator immediately, at the beginning of the telephone call.
Access and Correction
You have a right to ask for access to the personal information we hold about you. To make a request for access, please contact:
Privacy Officer email@example.com – 1300 aisport (TBC)
Your personal information will usually be available within 30 days of your request. If there is a fee for accessing your personal information, we will confirm the amount before providing the information.
In some circumstances, we may not be able to grant you access to your personal information. For example, if the release of your personal information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others. If one of these circumstances applies, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for the refusal, unless it would be unreasonable to do so.
You have a right to ask us to correct the personal information we hold about you. To request the correction of your personal information, please contact the Privacy Officer at:
firstname.lastname@example.org – 1300 aisport (TBC)
Once we receive your request for correction, we will endeavour to respond to that request within 30 days of receiving your request. It is not always possible to remove or modify information in our databases, but we will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information to ensure that it is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If we decline to make your requested correction, you may request us to attach to your personal information a statement that it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
If we disclose the information to a third party before correcting it, you may request us to notify the third party of the correction we’ve made. We will not charge you to request a correction, for making a correction or for associating a statement with a record.
We won’t collect sensitive information, such as your:
- racial or ethnic origins
- political opinions
- religious or philosophical beliefs
- membership of a political association, professional or trade association or a trade union
- criminal record
- health information
unless you consent to our collection of such information and
- it is required or authorised by law; or
- it is needed in order to provide our problem gambling assistance services. For example, to assist in the management of your self-exclusion or voluntary pre-commitment election, or to remove you from a self-exclusion program (which generally requires a copy of a report from a registered gambling counsellor or voluntary pre-commitment election); or
- it is needed to enact special features on your Apple iSports account(s) (e.g. Minimum Bet Exemptions or deposit limits)
The Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) may require us to collect certain sensitive information (for example, “Know Your Customer” information to verify your identity), and we may collect this from third parties. In some circumstances, in compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth), we may not be permitted to inform you that we have collected sensitive information.
The information we collect for these purposes will be stored securely in an AML/CTF Risk Register and in some circumstances, we may not be permitted to provide you with access to this information. In these circumstances, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal of access, unless it would be unreasonable or in breach of our legal obligations to do so. If we consider that you pose a high risk to our business, we may disclose sensitive information about you to government authorities and may use the sensitive information as grounds to stop providing our services to you. We may freeze your account without warning and without telling you we are relying on sensitive information to do so.
If Apple iSports no longer needs to use or disclose your personal information for any purpose that is authorised under the Australian privacy laws and is not otherwise legally required to retain that information, then Apple iSports will take reasonable steps to destroy the personal information or ensure it has identifying data removed.